Saturday, May 21, 2016

Day 1: It's all about the journey

Because I love airports and traveling and people-watching and escalators and such so very much, my vacation begins the minute I lock the door behind me and head for the car. Which happened around 10 a.m. today after last minute packing check lists, washing up a few dishes, giving the dog a bath, and watering the houseplants.

The small price difference in airfare this time made the decision to leave from the vastly more convenient Harrisburg airport an easy choice.
 Wow. This guy and I have been traveling through life together for a REALLY long time.... but not as long as the folks across the aisle!


Flights were unremarkable. On time. No luggage problems. Quick layover in Detroit which is a pretty nice airport. I mean, Chick-fil-A and an indoor tram to get us to our gate on time. Four hour flight from there to San Francisco seemed a little long, but the time passed and we love looking at the world from 30,000 feet up.




We also love when the pilot is able to make a smooth safe landing.... and when the skies are BLUE instead of grey!


We met the nicest young man working at the car rental desk who actually got really excited when he heard we were heading to Yosemite. He went last year and loved it so much I thought he was going to hyperventilate when he was giving us advice about the park. Enterprise provided stellar customer service and it took no time at all until we were loading our luggage into a lovely little Nissan Versa.

Our motel was just 2.2 miles down the road and as fate would have it, there's an IHOP within walking distance so that's where we supped. Our bodies thought it was 10:30, but it felt like supper time!  Off the bed with us, for tomorrow is another beautiful day!


1 comment:

  1. I am taking this journey with you vicariously since I can't actually do it - ENJOY for me!

    ReplyDelete